A A A
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Win a CVA-500 Viola
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
Violaman
Admin
January 31, 2012 - 7:59 pm
Forum Posts: 548
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Follow this link for instructions on how to become eligible to win the CVA-500

This is how you can win the CVA500

Jessica
Members
March 15, 2012 - 3:53 am
Forum Posts: 18

Hello, I have a few questions. Is this where I would post the link to the youtube video? Also, do I have permission to use clips from your educational videos in my promotion video? Thanks!

Violaman
Admin
March 15, 2012 - 6:59 pm

Yes, and just between you and me, your chances would be extremely good. Unfortunately no one has made any that I am aware of.
I'll have to push the date to the first week of May to give it a little better chance.
Look forward to seeing your video.

Jessica
Members
March 18, 2012 - 2:19 pm

Well here's my submission!

I took viola lessons last year but I couldn't afford to buy one so I'm pretty excited about this opportunity. I hope my video is what you were hoping for.

Violaman
Admin
March 27, 2012 - 3:14 pm

WOW, That was amazing. Thanks so much. You don't know how close you are. Anyway, just make sure you did the other things on the list as well. I know you did most of them but whether or not you Liked this page for facebook I am not sure of.

I'll post this link on Violaman.com facebook page

Thanks dancing

•     Make a video advertisement to promote Violaman.com
  •     Make sure your video mentions Violaman.com and reasons for visiting.
  •     Upload that video to Youtube and attempt to get as many views for your video as possible.
  •     Include links to Violaman.com in your description text on Youtube.
  •     Share this post with as many friends as possible.
  •     LIKE this page. The link can be found on the top of the right hand sidebar.
  •     Post your youtube video on Violaman.com’s forum.
Jessica
Members
April 7, 2012 - 3:02 pm

Hi! Glad you liked it! I was just wondering if you ended up pushing the contest to May?

Kristen
Members
April 25, 2012 - 7:38 am
Forum Posts: 1
Violaman
Admin
April 25, 2012 - 1:48 pm

OK, here is my dilemma,

I was expecting many videos and only got one Jessica. In my instructions for how to win I mentioned that members were going to vote from the top 3. Now I have two but it's not fair for me to keep pushing the deadline forward.

Come May 15th, I will announce the winner of the CVA-500

Thanks for your patience and good luck.

HeadCheese
Honorary Advisor
Regulars

Members
May 3, 2012 - 3:35 am
Forum Posts: 355

My submission:

Violaman
Admin
May 3, 2012 - 4:01 am
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is real cool HeadCheese. Thanks. Now we have enough submissions to have the vote. Real cool indeed.

Sorry about all the delays everyone. I never thought we would actually get three. :-)

Not too many violists that have found their way over here yet. Hopefully your videos will help. Thank you so much to all three. Fantastic videos.

HeadCheese
Honorary Advisor
Regulars

Members
May 4, 2012 - 12:17 pm
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad you like it. Sorry to be so absent of late, but it (almost) couldn't be helped.

Hopefully, the Violaman.com site will pick up a bit as a result of the videos. We need more active participation and lessons to keep any new members that join as a result.

Also ... erm ... I could use a few votes when the time comes ...

embarassedcow-fingerscrossedembarassed

Jessica
Members
May 4, 2012 - 9:37 pm
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Your video is pretty cool HeadCheese. I'm just wondering if it is fair for an administrator of the website holding the contest to be allowed to enter it? Not to rock the boat, but it seems a bit shady.

HeadCheese
Honorary Advisor
Regulars

Members
May 5, 2012 - 4:28 am
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

You're not rocking the boat, Jessica. I can certainly understand why you might have a concern.

True, I'm technically an "admin," meaning I have the keys to the building, so to speak. However, I don't have control over anything important here beyond some editorial control of the forums. I don't even have the power to ban trolls from the chat, anymore since Pierre switched it to Chatango. Think of me more as a janitor or caretaker, here to clean up any messes that might arise.

Truth is, for all the contests that Fiddlerman/Violaman has held since this site was created, I've yet to win any of them, despite any implied advantage my status might seem to have. I'm just another member of the site, like you, but with really lousy luck with these things.

However, I don't want anyone to think there's even a hint of impropriety or unfair advantage here at Violaman.com. I will gladly withdraw myself from consideration if you, or anyone else, feels that I somehow have an edge in garnering votes for my entry. I'm mostly in it to support the site and try to attract new, active members.

Perhaps Violaman should clear this up for us all.

Scarecrow
Members

Regulars
May 5, 2012 - 3:38 pm
Forum Posts: 42

LOL!!! I dont ever win either so I feel your pain HC.

You were the first member here and the only one who makes new posts so may be thats why you got to finally be admin.

Anyway your cool and I know you don't cheat and also that you prolly won't win this contest either cause your cursed! ROFL!!!

P.S. I kinda like the clay video better - sorry. Mebbe Id vote for you if you make it so I don't hafta do math to post anymore. beg

HeadCheese
Honorary Advisor
Regulars

Members
May 5, 2012 - 4:08 pm
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

You have a strange way of encouraging people, Scarecrow... LOL!

Scarecrow said 
P.S. I kinda like the clay video better - sorry. Mebbe Id vote for you if you make it so I don't hafta do math to post anymore.beg

Ouch... But, yeah ... me, too. And sorry, but you're stuck with the math until you hit 100 posts. You could just be a clever spam-bot in disguise for all we know.sf-wink

Jessica
Members
May 10, 2012 - 12:18 am
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well that seems a bit more legitimate then. Being new to this site I really don't know how that stuff works.Well then good luck and may the best woman win!

cheerleader

Violaman
Admin
May 11, 2012 - 1:22 am
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry for not seeing this before.

Jessica, the truth is that I almost begged HeadCheese to be a administrator because I have so much work with Fiddlerman.com

He is really not in control of anything. My ideas and my contests. He had the idea of starting a violaman.com and I just went ahead and did it. In a way I would be very happy if he won because he has been hanging out here for a long time. I would be happy if you won too since I really like your cool claymation. If he is not allowed to participate he is cursed in every way. Works hard here, hangs out and tries to encourage people to visit but can't even participate in a contest like anyone else who visits this place.

If it makes you feel like it is more fair, I will remove HeadCheese as an administrator because it is really not fair to him. He did a great job on that video too.

The result will be based on votes or if you all prefer, I can put all three names in a hat, or roll a dice live online with two numbers each. 100% fair.

What do you guys say?

HeadCheese
Honorary Advisor
Regulars

Members
May 12, 2012 - 12:59 pm
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

Violaman said
Sorry for not seeing this before.

Jessica, the truth is that I almost begged HeadCheese to be a administrator because I have so much work with Fiddlerman.com

He is really not in control of anything. My ideas and my contests. He had the idea of starting a violaman.com and I just went ahead and did it. In a way I would be very happy if he won because he has been hanging out here for a long time. I would be happy if you won too since I really like your cool claymation. If he is not allowed to participate he is cursed in every way. Works hard here, hangs out and tries to encourage people to visit but can't even participate in a contest like anyone else who visits this place.

If it makes you feel like it is more fair, I will remove HeadCheese as an administrator because it is really not fair to him. He did a great job on that video too.

The result will be based on votes or if you all prefer, I can put all three names in a hat, or roll a dice live online with two numbers each. 100% fair.

What do you guys say?

Now you're just making me blush...sf-embarassed

I'll leave the method of choosing the winner up to the other two contestants. I was late to the game, after all.

Jessica
Members
May 16, 2012 - 6:14 pm
19sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't think we should change up the rules this late in the game. I was wondering what the next step was? The winner was supposed to be chosen yesterday but do people still have to vote?

Violaman
Admin
May 19, 2012 - 10:07 pm
20sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm sorry Jessica,

First of all I am very down on this competition. I expected a lot of entries and was going to choose the three with the most hits and have people vote. Recieved too few entries and kept extending the deadline to get a few more. Then the complaint about Keith.
Also, I am swamped with work. If I put up the three videos for a vote someone might think that it was unfair. Therefor I was considering rolling a dice or something else to make the selection so that all three contestants will have an even chance.
I don't like conflicts. This is not at all what I anticipated from the beginning.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 228
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 6
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None
Top Posters:
HeadCheese: 355