FORUM

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Cecilio CVA-600 FAIL
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
Barry Nelson
Nashville,Tennessee
January 7, 2013 - 2:13 pm
Forum Posts: 299
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This was a HUGE disapointment . I will not buy a cecilio product again. At $400 I expected it to be comparable to my German fiddle which is in the same price range. I wont deal with a company were every purchase is a crap shoot. 

Yes, I returned it.

http://youtu.be/t-ZHMEcej3Q

Bach : As the greatest expert and judge of harmony, he liked best to play the viola, with appropriate loudness and softness

HeadCheese
Honorary Advisor
Regulars

Members
January 7, 2013 - 7:06 pm
Forum Posts: 355

Sorry, Barry. It looks like you really got a dog of a Cecilio there. Some of those issues remind me of the first CVA-400 I got and had to send back. 

I wonder how Gliga would compare at that price point...

Barry Nelson
Nashville,Tennessee
January 7, 2013 - 11:11 pm

well HC, the bright side is it made me appreciate my CVA 400 more since it was $250 cheaper and twice the quality...lol . Think Im just going to play around with and tweak my 400 for a while. Shave off some bridge material, adjust soundpost,etc and see what I end up with

Bach : As the greatest expert and judge of harmony, he liked best to play the viola, with appropriate loudness and softness

Violaman
Admin
January 9, 2013 - 4:18 am
Forum Posts: 519

I'm sure you can improve your 400 and I am very happy that you are pleased with it.
In my testing experience the CVA600 was better than the CVA-500 and the CVA-500 was better than the CVA-400. It's really ashame that they are not consistent.
Like Forrest Gump's mamma would say."You never know what you're gonna get".

Barry Nelson
Nashville,Tennessee
January 9, 2013 - 3:02 pm

Violaman said
I'm sure you can improve your 400 and I am very happy that you are pleased with it.
In my testing experience the CVA600 was better than the CVA-500 and the CVA-500 was better than the CVA-400. It's really ashame that they are not consistent.
Like Forrest Gump's mamma would say."You never know what you're gonna get".

Well, I still think its like I said when we talked on the phone. They knew you were doing reviews and I think they hand picked instruments for you.

VinceKnight
Middlefield, OH
Members

Regulars
January 9, 2013 - 3:13 pm
Forum Posts: 60

From What I understand they do tend to get a lot of returns but also don't gripe about sending you a new instrument.  From one of the reviews I read on another site the customer asked them to inspect the replacement instrument before shipping it and when it arrived it was in perfect condition.  If only they would inspect the instruments BEFORE they send them out the FIRST time maybe they wouldn't have so many instruments returned to them.

-Dennis

HeadCheese
Honorary Advisor
Regulars

Members
January 9, 2013 - 7:07 pm
Forum Posts: 355

Was that MY review you are referencing? Sounds exactly like the experience I documented on the Fiddlerman.com website.

VinceKnight
Middlefield, OH
Members

Regulars
January 9, 2013 - 7:11 pm
Forum Posts: 60

Nope.  It was either Amazon or  E-Bay.  Can't remember which AND it was a woman who posted it so unless there's something you aint tellin us HC I think we can safely Say it wasn't you :) :D

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 50

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

HeadCheese: 355

Ferret: 119

Ripton: 96

Manny: 66

VinceKnight: 60